|Event Name:||Professional Office Etiquette Basics|
|Competency:||Communication, Customer Service, and Teamwork|
|Description:||Welcome to the updated 2021 Professional Etiquette Basics. Based on our latest needs analysis we have updated this popular class. Perhaps you heard that professional behavior and performance does not matter anymore. The reality is that if you want to be successful, the way you look, talk, write, act and work will determine whether you are seen as a professional or not. Being professional is more than just about taking responsibility for yourself and your work, it's about seeing beyond your immediate needs and thinking about the long-term perceptions of you, your workplace, and the people you serve.|
- What being “a professional” really means
- Learn how being professional increases your value in the workplace
- Understand the importance of “Greetings” and best practices for face, phone, ands virtual
- Develop Telephone Etiquette (Tone, Vacation/Out of office message, “Is there anything else we can do for you?” probe?
- Apply Printer protocols of beset dos and don’ts when working with printers.
- Utilize Proper Gossip-Handling Techniques
- Enhance Email dos and don’ts.
- Define and use two Assertive Behavior techniques. (Open and honest, and asking for help)
- Understand the consequence of Oversharing information consequences.
- How to avoid confusion. Selecting Boundaries: Accountability Chart and Authority Levels (Why two professional baseball players never run into each other during the game)
Dean Russell is a Professional Strategic Coach. He helps organizations and businesses increase their effectiveness through leadership coaching, training, and public speaking engagements. He has a gift and passion for helping people and organizations quickly grasp their company’s vision, gain operational traction, and work as a healthy, functional, and cohesive team. He is a national speaker and recognized expert specializing in business management, leadership improvement, and better employee performance.
|Event Time:||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern|
|Location:||Online via Zoom|
|Contact Person:||Melissa Lattanzi|
|Details:||Who Should Attend: Anyone interested in learning more about professional office etiquette|
Competency: Communication, Customer Service, and Teamwork
Non-Member Cost: $40
NEO-RLS Bronze Member/
NORWELD, SERLS, SWON Member Cost: $24
NEO-RLS Silver Member Cost: FREE
NEO-RLS Gold Member Cost: FREE
Can't attend on the date or time listed? Sign up anyway! All of our webinars include archive access for later viewing at your convenience.
This event is supported by the State Library of Ohio with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
It’s never too late to save your library money. NEO-RLS Memberships are pro-rated! Call us today to join.
Print Program Information
View others who have registered for this event
|Outlook/vCalendar/Google:||Click on the icon next to the date(s) to add to your calendar:|
|Tell a Friend?:||click here to send this event info to a friend|
|Other Similar Events:||You might also be interested in these events...|
return to Northeast Ohio Regional Library System