|Event Name:||Day for Circ Staff: It's All About Myers Briggs and Working as a Team|
|Competency:||Communication and Teamwork|
|Description:||The morning will start with Understanding Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type.|
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator assessment is one of the most popular and well-known personality assessments today, taken by 80% of Fortune 500 companies and 89% of Fortune 100 companies according to the CPP. It allows you to understand your personality type and effectively use your unique strengths. It also helps you to appreciate and successfully navigate differences in communication, decision-making and problem-solving.
Then in the afternoon, we will focus specifically on communication in context to our co-workers and our community patrons. We will start by examining the new information we have learned about our personality types and explore how those different types translate to different and unique ways we communicate with each other.
- Learn about what the Myers Briggs Type Indicator measures (and does not measure) and how it is related to your personality preferences
- Understand how you can utilize the unique skills in your work dynamics effectively, from problem-solving to communication to leadership development
- Be provided with practical strategies for working more productively with others of different and diverse personality preferences
After that, we will hone our skills even more by looking at one of the most significant and important elements of communication, namely nonverbal communication. We will learn about how essential it is to be aware of our nonverbal cues, and how can we learn to read the cues of others, both our colleagues and our patrons, in order to understand them more effectively.
- Learn how to use our strengths to communicate our needs and perspectives successfully
- Explore how we can reach and appreciate other diverse communication styles
- Explore where body language comes from, why it is important and how it affects us and others
- Discover ways to utilize nonverbal cues to communicate your message clearly in context to a variety of scenarios circ staff may encounter
Holly Klingler, Research and Innovation Coordinator, NEO-RLS
|Event Time:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM Eastern|
|Location:||Westlake Porter Public Library|
27333 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, OH 44145
click here for Google Maps
click here for Mapquest
|Contact Person:||Melissa Lattanzi|
|Details:||This workshop will held 3 more times and locations:|
Thursday, June 13, 2019 - Wayne County Public Library
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - Mentor Public Library
Thursday, September 12, 2019 - Canfield Library
Who should attend: Circulation staff
Competency: Communication and team work
GEO Cost: $160
Bronze Cost: $120
Silver Cost: $ 80
Gold Cost: FREE
There is an additional $15 surcharge for facility use and amenities.
We encourage you to register a minimum of three (3) days in advance for this event in order to ensure that we can accommodate your full participation in terms of seating, hand-outs, food, etc.
It’s never too late to save your library money. NEO-RLS Memberships are pro-rated! Call us today to join.
Print Program Information
View others who have registered for this event
|Outlook/vCalendar/Google:||Click on the icon next to the date(s) to add to your calendar:|
|Tell a Friend?:||click here to send this event info to a friend|
|Other Similar Events:||You might also be interested in these events...|